View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #608 (permalink)
Urbanracer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: God's Chariot
Urbanracer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
Power isn't everything no. I realize that an exhaust is something we must deal with everyday, so it's better to make a wise choice. I think the HKS sounds fine... I personally feel the F.I. and the ARK both sound better... but that's to me and not everyone will feel the same way. The whole JDM thing is WAYYYY overrated and i've never understood it. If a car came with JDM parts on it, people would find something else to replace it. JDM means one thing and that is overpriced.

I'm not trying to knock on your exhaust, that's just my opinion. My Fiancee' had an HKS on her old Evo and she loved the sound it had... I had a Megan that I paid 600.00, but I loved the sound of it (on my Evo IX)... to loud for the Z's though.
Agreed, exhaust are a completely subjective choice but I didn't buy it because it came from japan. IMO the extra $$ was for better design and quality in several different respects in comparision to ark's product, but I do agree that parts from japan are more expensive. I don't think that JDM means as much to people as it used too and perhaps even less to alot people on this forum, myself included. Personally I would have liked to have bought something made here in the US, F.I was a serious consideration for me but it comes with more drone and a 6 month wait. I bought HKS because of its design, sound, fit, and finish. Ark is a cheaper altunitive if it suits your taste and you don't plan on HFC/TP's. HKS is just a better quality peice then the ark IMO. I'll be giving serious consideration to the Motordyne's exhaust when it comes out in which case the HKS will be out.
Urbanracer is offline   Reply With Quote