View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #605 (permalink)
Urbanracer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: God's Chariot
Urbanracer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
Then again the HKS system is 600 or 700 more with no real power gains to speak of. Nice system don't get me wrong, but 700 is almost a house payment for some people
Eh, closer $300-$400 more actually if you shop around and power is pretty much the same. Its costs a little more but I think the quality is a little higher then similar models. Its also JASMA certified (japan cert. for aftermarket exhaust for Db). The extra $$ is also likely due to the fact that HKS uses real titanium tips that are also adjustable. To me the extra money is worth it not to have to deal with a less then desirable sound with HFC/TP's on an ark. The HKS also is the nicest sitting straight thur exhaust that I've seen with no clearence issues like some have experienced with other models. Just saying that power isn't the only thing to consider when purchasing an exhaust. CNT's exhaust would be a more cost effective alturntive since its design is modeled after the HKS. It's so close you can even swap out the titanium HKS tips for the rolled CNT tips. I've heard the art pipes on an HKS and its pure mechanical music. I'll be looking to dump my berk HFC's for a set of art pipes here pretty soon..
Urbanracer is offline   Reply With Quote