View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cunnos
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th anniv
Cunnos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx370z View Post
Opinions?

I test drove the IS-F yesterday and financing is already lined up, but i just can't seem to pull the trigger. At first i thought the choice was simple, but the Lexus just seems to be missing the WOW factor that my Z has.

And although it's got a 5 liter V8 and supposedly can run a mid 12 in the 1/4 mile stock... it doesn't seem that fast and even with the paddle shifters is kind of boring to drive.

Interior is prestine. I love the luxury feel of it and when you do want to step on it.... it definitely goes. The handling is also amazing for the 2011's. Lexus really stepped their game up on the IS-F in that respect.

The question is... is it worth 60k+ and worth getting rid of "Lola".
Hey man a co worker of mine had the IS-F for 5 months and traded it for a Z actually. He said the car was really boring after a few months of ownership, i took him out in my Z and two weeks later he got an '10 370z sport. He said that the Z was just more of a sportier "fun" car and that the IS-F lacked any of that. Also, i agree with some of the other members, if you are looking at cars in the 60k range go for the best, BMW M3 or perhaps even a CTS-V with 556 HP!!!!