View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
rodriguez
Base Member

Drives: Hoping to get one
rodriguez is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the replies! I appreciate them all! And I am most definately taking them all into considertion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
OP,

The season to drive is almost at an end.. With this in mind, you should go for the jugular.!

8000km is not a demo car.. anything about 100 should be considered "USED"
-$500 on top of their invoice pricing would be fair game..

Be strong and stand your ground, be prepared to walk out if necessary
-Waiting until the end of the month to make your purchase would also be wise.
Remember to speak with the Sales Manager, as he will have the final say.

GL!
You are exactly right. I was thinking last night that if they got this car in april, why haven't they sold it yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal 370Z View Post
That definitely sounds like the dealer drove the car for a few months and then decided to sell it as a "demo car". You should stand your ground and demand 45k or walk. Whoever drove it definitely drove the sh*t out of it in the past few months. If you pay the asking, you might as well order a brand new one.
is 45k invoice price? if i were to order a brand new one, which I wanted to do initially with just a sport package, would I be able to score a good deal with a new one as well since they year is almost done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paskii View Post
8000KM and that's consider a DEMO still? I thought after a certain amount of mileage the car is considered used. You should ask them if the car was ever titled and if the car is from Canada. I heard some dealers are selling US vehicles.

Like everyone else said if they won't budge on price just buy a brand new one, I think their tight because the Nismo model is limited in quantity. Another tactic, wait until the last week of the month before you negotiate, they may be more lax on the price because they know if they don't sell the car they will have to pay interest on it for the coming month.

Your right, all the dealer was saying was "nismo is nismo" "very limited and you will never get one again". My inital intention was to go in and purchase a 370 with a sport package. but with the season ending. would it be wise to order one now with the snow coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal 370Z View Post
I'm confident that they will be able to knock down the price for you. Since the Nismo model is in limited quantity, they are trying to convince you that it holds its value better. This, however, is very very very far from the truth. The reality is that dealers aren't doing so well in Canada selling the Nismo model because for the same price, Canadians prefer the fully-loaded coupe. Not sure why, but when I spoke to my dealer friend, this is what he said. I guess the fully-loaded coupe is more practical as a dd.

Anyways, the point is, especially since its getting closer to winter now and the 2012 is about to come out, they are probably going to try and get rid of the car. You therefore should be successful in bringing down the price.
And I would obvously get a brand new 370 with sports package for much cheaper correct? Where did you purchase your car brutal370? I would like to go meet with a dealer who I can speak to confidently and would not throw me any BS. That, and I would much rather give the commission to someone one of you guys can trust.

Thanks again guys for the responses. I hope to join you guys soon. Maybe I can talk to some of you guys that are attending the z fest?
rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote