View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 02:34 AM   #60 (permalink)
JerWA
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
JerWA is on a distinguished road

I'm around 2500 miles on my 285 DWS rears now, and they're pretty good. The absolute limit doesn't seem as high as the stockers, but they break loose much more predictably. Enough so that it's basically not an issue, you can slide the rear of the car around with ease and control. It breaks loose on the shifts if I'm doing the shifting, but not enough to make the traction control step in and ruin the fun.

Not as impressed in the snow though. Night and day vs the stockers, but still not what I'd call good. Again, controllable at least, but we've got some big hills around here and the snow tends to be wet and snotty and they're just not quite enough to make it a confident drive.

The stockers couldn't make it up the big hill near my house at all, and I actually spun the car going down the small hill the next day (thankfully I timed it right and there was no drama, just drove it back and parked it to wait another day). With the DWS it made it up the big hill but it was pretty twitchy, enough so I didn't want to try the small hill (which is downhill, where it spun on the old tires) until conditions improved.

Here's the car, on stockers, where I left it when it couldn't make it up the hill:

So much for "it never snows in Seattle."

PS: Here's the rescue vehicle, which absolutely pwned the snow even when it was 6" deep, despite being on "all season" tires.

Last edited by JerWA; 08-17-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Added the rescue vehicle ;)
JerWA is offline   Reply With Quote