View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I had the clear-bra put on my Z06 on the showroom floor. They roped it off and allowed my guy to come in and install it then and there when the car arrived.

So far, it has taken several good hits that have marred the film and sounded like a bullet impact on the inside of the car. The film is not broken and I have every confidence that the paint is pristine underneath. VERY sound investment. I really recommend the clear-bra for ANY new car, as when it comes time to sell it, your "I babied her..." claim will hold SO MUCH more water if the car LOOKS like it was babied. That means paint that isn't chipped on the roofline/hood, and a nose-clip that isn't sand-blasted.

If OP is serious, he will put a sticky tire on the car, and those will sling crap into the bodywork on the rocker-panel area, and other spots (I don't know the 370Z's "trouble" areas). Either way, the film will take a LOT of abuse off the paint. Also, if he does any kind of driving around cones, the film will keep them from smearing onto/scraping/smearing the paint.
/\ IP is right, the clear bra is (as far as non performance mods go) hands down the first thing to do (see sig )

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
Where can I go to buy/have the clear bra installed? also, how much is the clear bra? IS it difficult to remove in the future if needed?
/\ my clear bra came w/a 5 year warrantee, our installer (take this for what it's worth) said beyond five years, you might mess up the paint taking it off to replace and I also consider the clear bra a non permanent wear item like tires, brakes etc. My plan is every 5 years just get a new one, plan on keeping this car 10 years, so two clear bra applications over the life of the car.

Def have the same guy (ie. a clear bra installer) remove it since you don't want to mess up anything accidentally and if he does, then it's on him/his $$.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote