View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #59 (permalink)
KingZee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Focus ST
KingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jginnane View Post
Sorry you'll have to make do with such a longer-lasting tire. ;p

Since my install I've put on 4-5K. The last week we've had "interesting" rain patterns on the Jersey shore. Not as a purely scientific test, but these tires avoid hydroplaning just shy of 80mph. If there's standing puddles, I recommend you slow to 72. Either way, you'll plow right through. (True even with the +1 sizing I put on stock 18" rims.)

Of course, the larger limit is set by minivans and Camrys hugging the left lane at 55.
That's good to know considering I totaled my Acura TL because I hydroplaned at 60mph on the freeway ...and yeah, I'm not really complaining because of the tread ware.
KingZee is offline   Reply With Quote