View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Let me add to my above statement as to not scare people away... the DWS' WILL perform in dry weather. They are indeed a performance tire... they just aren't a typical summer tire. I have not owned a RWD car since I had my old 93 LX 5.0, but I can tell you that my Z won't be seeing any winter driving. My Fiancee' has the DWS' on her car after I talked to her about them (her stock tires were PATHETIC in the rain). I have had that car which is just a FWD Mazdaspeed 3 in 8 inches of snow with more POURING down in one of the storms we had last winter here in Md. and the car went right through the snow with very little issue. It just cuts right through snow and rain like it's not even there.

On my Evo X vs. my stock Advans I couldn't take turns quite as fast and you can feel that the sidewall is soft in comparison, BUT push the tires and they WILL hold a lot more than you think... but you have to be a good enough driver to know when you are at that limit... also in an AWD car you have a little bit more handling ability with Mitsu's Super all wheel control too.

Anyway, I would rate this tire as probably one of the best ones on the market... maybe ever if I am to be completely honest. Excellent balance of handling, more comfortable ride, and is just downright nasty and the claws seem to just come out of it when the weather gets bad.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote