Thread: Argh!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
zZSportZz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Blk on Blk 6MT
zZSportZz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to zZSportZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws12
I picked up my Z on Monday. Didn't want dealer to Detail car because it is Magnetic Black and they did anyway. So I had to detail the car today to remove the 3D swirl marks they put in the paint.

While detailing and waxing the car I noticed on the driver's door (under the mirror) what looks like tape marks in the paint under the clear coat. It appears to be 3 seperate strips that look like glue from the back of electrical tape or the protective covering from shipping the car. It is under the clear!!!

Quote:
I haven't done a search on this, but I noticed that my exhaust tips are not centered in the cutouts of the rear bumper.

The passenger side is a little to the left.

Is this a common problem?

Quote:
First, I have to say how much I love this car. Constant smiles for the week that I have had it.

Now to my 2 issues:

1. Wife scraped the rear driver's side rim on a curb today!!! About 4" right on edge of rim. Called dealer and next week they will swap a rim off of the GM's demo. Thank G-d.

2. Splash Guards are gapped. The passenger front and driver rear are gapped away from the body. Does Nissan use adhesive to keep them flush? Or do I have to get them re-installed or replaced?
Quote:
Since discovering the gapping problem with my factory installed splash guards, which are all being replaced under warranty because they are "deformed" according to my tech, I really have started going over the car with a fine tooth comb.

I have been checking the body panel fitment and have noticed that space seperating the panels on the rear quarter in front of the rear wheels is misaligned. I actually spent an hour gently pully and pushing to get the panels to line up. I hope they stay in the position I got them to.

That, along with my off-center passenger side exhaust tip, makes me wonder if anyone else is disappointed in the build quality. I have ZERO rattles, no mechanical issues, just body fitment issues.

Am I alone in this?
Quote:
The dealer replaced my gapped splash guards today and, quite honestly, the new set isn't much better.

My question is can I just remove the splash guards and not use them and will it leave drilled holes in the wheel wells?

Do most of the cars have them or not?
Quote:
Was at service department having my splash guards replaced for the 3rd time (still not fitting properly) and 2 things happened that freaked me out:

First, the service manager called me over to the tech when he was installing the new splash guards (tech was using gumgum adhesive that is usually used for windshields instead of tape). When I get to the tech I notice that my car is up on the lift and the lift arms in front are not situated properly. They were resting on the front of my rocker panels and control arms!!!! I look underneath the car and everything is being pushed up. Tech says no damage is being done and I am being overly protective of my car.

Then, after the car is lowered, I notice that the top of the front bumperwhere it meets with the front quarter panel in front of the driver's side front wheel has chipped paint. The dealership says that they aren't responsible, but it was obvious that do to the incorrect lift arm position the panels flexed and rubbed. The worst part is it is right on the corner point and seam where it meets the quarter panel by the wheel well.

I'm starting to side with the dealer on this one lol. I think you need to buy a big clear plastic box and put your car in it...and never drive it again. I mean...come on. Not trying to be an a$$ here..but
zZSportZz is offline   Reply With Quote