View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #271 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meric1837 View Post
Brian was even nice enough to provide a ground for the rear-video wire. Incidentally Brian, if you make another one like that you might want to make the ground wire at least as long as the wire leading to the toggle switch. I grounded it to one of the 4 bolts in the transmission boot area, but barely on the end of the fork. It was hard to get the bolt tightened with that grounding fork on there and there was a great place to ground next to the toggle switch but the cable just wasn't long enough. Just a small suggestion, I really appreciate you providing that extra piece.
I was thinking that it could be grounded to one of the screen screens or the AV casing (that is where I did it on a Murano). I need to add a way for people ordering to let me know this is being used with a factory camera so I can include the extra ground wire for simplicity.

Quote:
The install wasn't too difficult. My only notes:

1. There's a black box on the kit which I'm guessing is a relay. It's not that big but finding a place for it behind the head unit can be tricky. There's a place behind the start button wire or the airbag wire it can easily fit. This really helped getting the head unit back in place properly.
Yes, that is a relay. I'm pretty sure with Jeff's install the relay was under the AV unit basically on the floor/carpet.

Quote:
2. GET SOME TOWELS. This is a biggie if you don't want to scratch your plastic pieces.
I've added this to the instructions, thanks.

Quote:
That's about it. The kit works as advertised. Once you flip the switch back from VSS-bypass to normal mode the GPS only takes about 50-70 yards before it queries the satellite and gets your position correct again. Piece of cake. Buy this kit. Can't recommend it highly enough. Brian is the man!
Thanks and glad you are pleased.
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote