View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #32 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex View Post
i really really wish i had gotten the clear bra when i got my car. 3-4 months in and its got rock chips all over the front end.
I had the clear-bra put on my Z06 on the showroom floor. They roped it off and allowed my guy to come in and install it then and there when the car arrived.

So far, it has taken several good hits that have marred the film and sounded like a bullet impact on the inside of the car. The film is not broken and I have every confidence that the paint is pristine underneath. VERY sound investment. I really recommend the clear-bra for ANY new car, as when it comes time to sell it, your "I babied her..." claim will hold SO MUCH more water if the car LOOKS like it was babied. That means paint that isn't chipped on the roofline/hood, and a nose-clip that isn't sand-blasted.

If OP is serious, he will put a sticky tire on the car, and those will sling crap into the bodywork on the rocker-panel area, and other spots (I don't know the 370Z's "trouble" areas). Either way, the film will take a LOT of abuse off the paint. Also, if he does any kind of driving around cones, the film will keep them from smearing onto/scraping/smearing the paint.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote