View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #7553 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue660r01 View Post
The SV, FZ6R I think it is and the Kawasaki 650 are also options. This just looks badass and is a little cheaper. I may look at a preowned SV since its 2nd on my list.
I'm a few years outdated on my bikes, but especially for a first bike I'd stick to one of the big four. I had an sv650, great bike. I think it's something solid to learn on.

The HS comes in an R model, which might be too touchy for you while you are learning, and the non-R, which will leave you bored after you get riding down. The SV (and the ninja 650) will both be torquey enough to be fun, and have nice, smooth powerbands.
Just my thoughts.