View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #75 (permalink)
nuTinmuch
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PG 7AT 370Z
nuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch

Ultimately, that is what drove me away from the cars.

While I never really plan to do serious mods, I'm always going to want to do an exhaust -- and well, since it's a turbo car, a downpipe, and now you need a tune, and a CAI, and a new intercooler is neat...

Yeah. I would just keep going and going.

The other thing -- and this was a big one for me -- was that both the Evo X and the STi just didn't feel like 30k+ cars. I don't mean interior quality -- everyone knows that you aren't getting anything special there. I just mean how well things are screwed together. My buddies WRX feels cheap and disposable.

That, and I trust Nissan a bit more than Mitsu/Subaru. I've never heard of someone getting their warranty denied on a 370 yet, but hot damn, you can't do **** to those cars without the dealership marking you as a risk.

I have to say, though, if someone offered me a trade with an equal mileage hatch STI and I knew they were a responsible driver, I'd probably consider it.

edit: I dunno man, do what makes you happy, but I can't see an Evo X MR being a smarter DD, especially from a financial point of view. :/