View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #74 (permalink)
chuckd05
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No longer a Z
chuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nice

Evos make you want to mod them and the dealer will laugh at you all the way to the bank if anything breaks , they are absurd with denying warranty work with even the most minor mods.

I have a friend who had an evo 9 mr... Purchased it from the same dealer he went to when his third gear was grinding badly, he didn't do a single mod to the car from the time he purchased it.. It had down pipe , exhaust, and an hks intake I believe. Just as he purchased it. I think it was also tuned but I'm not sure at that point, but regardless he didn't put one extra cent into it...

He bought it used and was told it was still under the factory warranty. When he went in for the tranny they DENIED him because of the mods. He knows I'm pretty good with reasoning with people and arguing for what's right, the right way, without getting out of line so he called me right away. I went in and had a 45 minute conversation with the servive manager about his predicament and in the end the outcome was, they can try all they want to approve a tranny but mitshu would send a rep and if they saw any mods on the car, at all, they would deny it. As any power adders deamed the tranny out of warranty. It was noted on his cars VIN even before he went in for the trip.

Him being infuriated put a 5 speed in it, tuned the car, and put it on the metro evo forum and sold right when it was finished. The car hauled serious *** but he just didn't want it. Right before he sold it I believe he had 370ish hp and a little more tq. But he traded it for a g37xS and likes the new G way better as a DD.

To me evos are not the best DD. They are very whippy and the ride is rather harsh. I'm not sure how the evo x trannys are but the 8-9 were weak... The X does have a more refined ride and is a bit smoother but your going to want to mod and your warranty will go poof. Something to keep in mind.

I would consider a g37 sedan if you want a more practical DD.

Last edited by chuckd05; 08-14-2011 at 12:07 AM.
chuckd05 is offline   Reply With Quote