Thread: Is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebenegro View Post
Back to the speakers, though (this question going to kenchan)... I used to install car speakers in all the previous cars I had, however, Ive never installed a component speaker system. Were would you recommend to place the crossover (Id definitively like to keep it out of view)? Could you maybe be a bit more specific as to how you did your install?
hey bebenegro- ive done several speaker installs in the past on other cars, but my Z is still using stock speakers. i just swapped out the head unit and considernig this is a car with a fairly loud exhaust system with the aftermarket muffler im not too picky about the sound. obviously the stock HU was too weak for me though sound and feature wise. im not a big fan of wires hanging out of my deck to hook up MP3/iPhone, etc.

ive been thinking about doing the db6501's for some time but haven't really got the time, or the need really, to upgrade my components yet. i was thinking about upgrading my HU in a yr or so... so will do the components at the same time as it would be easier to wire up a new set of speaker wires from the HU to the kickpanel area where i would house my crossover and then split off to tweeters and door woofers. ive had great luck with the polks in my G35C right now. very clean sound.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote