View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #90 (permalink)
nmjaxx9
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
nmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by akong51 View Post
Woah there...I think you missed my point. I never implied that you lived in a poor neighborhood, nor did I imply that those around you were "no good drop out bums". When I spoke of demographics, I didn't mean socioeconomic status, but rather ethnic background. My assumption is that your area has less Asians compared to where I live, L.A., therefore you stand out more, and probably the reason the nice white lady flipped you off for no reason. (I could be wrong, maybe you cut her off or did something else to piss her off that you didn't realize.)

I'm Asian and I drive a Z, just like you, however I don't experience any of the things you described in your OP. So the variables in this equation seems to be area (geography) and people (demographics) that has lead to our vastly different experiences in Z ownership. Sorry if you misunderstood my point...didn't mean to offend.
Hmm...you bring up a valid point, true there are fewer Asians where I live, however, its not like we are uncommon. Every 4 of 10 people are Asian. So I don't see why it would even be a demographic thing either..I still feel you cant generalize it because whether you are black, white, hispanic, asian, doesnt matter, this type of behavior happens because of people we now call haters. plain and simple...people who dont like to see other people succeed in life, and when they do they make sure they give u a hard time about it. Cuz wats to say another asian wont do the same thing? I get what you are saying in differencces in owining a Z where u live and where I live but I bet there are just as much people that probably hate over there, just not to u. Its human nature I guess, sad but becasue of the economy and other issues people really have resorted to this type of behavior in order to express their jealously towards others. and about the lady who flipped me off, it might have been because of something else that I failed to recognize but as far as I remember I did nothing wrong.
nmjaxx9 is offline   Reply With Quote