View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #88 (permalink)
akong51
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370Z
akong51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmjaxx9 View Post
Yeah well I dont live in the ghetto, or in a bad area, infact I live in a upper-middle class commuinty, and even the highway I commute to has mostly people from my town and neighboring travelling to Hartford (the capital of CT) where most ppl are at desk jobs...so its not like im dealing with no good, drop out bums, its educated to highly educated folks acting a fool as well. So I dont really think geography and demographics really plays a role in this, although im sure there are much more higher end cars in So Cal, and way more Ferraris and Lambos running round, but people are people no matter where you go, and attitudes wont change.
Woah there...I think you missed my point. I never implied that you lived in a poor neighborhood, nor did I imply that those around you were "no good drop out bums". When I spoke of demographics, I didn't mean socioeconomic status, but rather ethnic background. My assumption is that your area has less Asians compared to where I live, L.A., therefore you stand out more, and probably the reason the nice white lady flipped you off for no reason. (I could be wrong, maybe you cut her off or did something else to piss her off that you didn't realize.)

I'm Asian and I drive a Z, just like you, however I don't experience any of the things you described in your OP. So the variables in this equation seems to be area (geography) and people (demographics) that has lead to our vastly different experiences in Z ownership. Sorry if you misunderstood my point...didn't mean to offend.