View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #55 (permalink)
nmjaxx9
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
nmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
None of this behavior is surprising. We live in a society of entitlement, and when people don't/can't get what they want, it's someone else's fault. Your car is a billboard for their jealousy. Add in the self-righteous twits who believe we should all be driving a Prius or taking the bus, and it's a pretty sad situation.

When I was growing up, my next door neighbor had three Porsches - a 356, a Carrera, and a 928. This was the late-70's.

The best lesson I ever learned from him was NEVER accept a challenge from some loser who wants to race you, it's always a lose-lose proposition.

If you really want to pizz these people off, do what my neighbor always did - drive slow and easy. Save the antics for track day. It absolutely drives the losers crazy. Nothing like revving engines with some guy in a '73 Camaro with Crager mags, glass packs and Hi-jacker shocks (god am I dating myself), only to turn right when the light turns green and watch as Johnny Hero has left 20 feet of Goodyear Polyglas rubber behind him.

It sounds like that's what most of you guys are doing, so obviously the strategy works.

It's not a racial thing, it's jealousy and self-righteousness pure and simple.
I think u hit the nail right on the head my friend. Amen!
nmjaxx9 is offline   Reply With Quote