View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #1346 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
I'm not sure I see the advantage of a gas piston on the AR platform. A friend of mine has started a line of gas piston guns (Huldra Arms). It's a very nice weapon, but I haven't yet bought into its superiority over direct impingement.
Same. DI is what the entire weapon was designed for. Piston systems place stress on components not meant to be stressed. IMO they are worthless, as the junk in the weapon also comes back up the bore on a suppressed rifle because the pressure in the can has not equalized by the time the bolt un-locks and you get blow-back through the barrel.

Changed my order from an M4-2000 to the SPR/M4 at the last minute btw : )
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote