View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay boys, I sat down and crunched numbers with the welder and mechanic and the designer. I can say for sure the hitch can be sold for $350 without the chain hook and light hookup, $400 with the chain hook and light hookup plus shipping at a limited scale. If I can get up to 10 people, the hitch can be sold for $50 less! The price is for the hitch and the bumper reinforcement bolts (CURT's 350z setup doesn't reinforce the bumper bolts) and extension pieces. Installation will take about 4 hours, but for the most part pretty simple if you can remove the rear bumper and can drill 4 holes in the correct spot. You don't have to modify anything on the body except the big stryrofoam. I am sad in reporting that I won't be able to get the stock rear fog lights back in even though there is room for it as the bracket simply won't bolt in with the hitch in the way. You can either cut and glue something together like I am doing or I can send it to the shop to have it done for you for a small fee. Here are some pictures.

Here are some pictures taken form the crappy camera

The stock bolts only holds down the bottom layer of the bottom, the reinforcement goes down the top side of the bumper and then the inner part of the bumper bar.

This won't fit a NISMO. NISMO guys, do a search on Porsche Cayman hitch, a guy made the hitch behind the license plate. You might be able to do somethings along the line with that. Good luck.

Last edited by cossie1600; 08-09-2011 at 10:17 PM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote