View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
AutoX Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Base, Sport
AutoX Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
Im rather biased but I cant stand running the 370Z stock in AX. Even my Nismo was frustrating. The car lacks proper LSD and suspension tuning to truly do well against much more agile MX5s in that class. Without a proper LSD you are definitely going to want a bigger front bar or you will be laying down big black stripes on inside wheel all the time if you are an agressive/fast AX driver. Did I say stock VLSD sucks? Man does it ever suck! I think thats the one thing that keeps the 370Z from doing well in Stock classes. Sure there is one hot shoe who podiumed at nationals but I'd put money on him being faster in a national class MX5. Also beware that AX seems to accelerate VLSD degradation in performance. Mine after a few AX days really seemed to fall off.
I haven't podiumed...yet. Last year was the first season I've ever run on R-comps and the first event we did with the shocks. Both the car and driver are much better sorted now and anything less than a podium finish would be a big disappointment for this season.

Also to emphasize what Shamu said, get 295's square for your Hoosiers, even with the 9"/10" sport wheels. Also I would recommend reconsidering the stillen bar and going up to the hotchkis because of the traction issues he talked about.
AutoX Z is offline   Reply With Quote