View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
chuckd05
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No longer a Z
chuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
well first off, i would NEVER buy a car without test driving the exact car i would pay money on unless it was a special order car. if the car was in the show room, i would tell them my mind is 99% set, but not 100% until i take the car out for a spin.

then i start signing papers.

anyway it sounds like the car was jumped incorrectly or battery hooked up backwards polarity, overloaded/shorted many things. i would review each and every feature of the car while it's still there WITH the tech. take a note pad and jot everything down for them to fix.

This is what I did as well... I test drove the Z they had available at first... than I decided I wanted to buy the car.. They told me my configuration I wanted was available on the lot in white and black... I said Id like to take a look at both... they each had all the plastics still on them, and I still insisted on test driving my exact car and went over the whole car. I chose white and saw that the bumpers did not match to my expectations. They threw in a spoiler for free (i got a base model, but have since upgraded everything) for my troubles and agreed to have the body shop respray the front and rear bumpers.. I am not so against paint work as the shop they use is the same shop I always use and they do great work.. I could of said I wanted white and took the car without driving or looking at it, and wouldnt of had a free spoiler and had trouble getting the respray.. They want you to buy the car so you have extra leverage before you sign the papers...

In your situation something def seems up with the electric and I wouldnt of taken delivery on the car until it was fixed, I hope you atleast have a loaner and hope everyting gets sorted out for you. I am sure it will but I bet its aggrivating... best of luck to you !