View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crazy4Z
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z NISMO BS
Crazy4Z is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Crazy4Z

Thanks Josh. I got a quick tech question if you can answer it.

I finally installed my air intake but when I turned on my car to start the engine my car all of a sudden sounded like it was struggling for gas and it smelled like it was running rich. Then all of a sudden it shuts off. It gave me an engine check light and me and a friend of mine who is a car mechanic for VolksWagon checked three times if there were any loose wiring or bolts and everything was tight, we checked the battery checked the MAF everything was intact by the instructions. So after three hours of reasembling and assembling the intake, it still did the same thing, So we gave up and put everything back to stock. The car ran fine when everything was put back together. I still had that check light on. So today I went to a nearest Nissan Dealership and told them I have a check engine light. Nissan serviced my car and asked me if I was playing around with the MAF. I told them I unplugged it and uninstalled it from stock to the stillen intake. I still dont know why that would give me a problem or why the intake wouldnt work with the car. I mean the instruction says to disconnect the battery then unplug the sensor and detach the MAF from the stock tube to the new tube. and plug it all back in. and connect the battery when all install is finished. At least we got a free car wash from Nissan. So what do you think we did wrong? I never had a problem installing an air intake in any car that I had in the past. Got any solutions Josh?

If anything I still have the aftermarket intake and saving it till I have all parts that I want for my Z and install them all in one shot. Thanks and hopefully Ill get a tour.
Crazy4Z is offline   Reply With Quote