View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Got to love profiling
Ever notice the difference between insuring a teenage girl vs. a teen age boy? Age is also a big factor too.

Fair or not, insurance companies have gotten pretty good at estimating risks. One area they have never gone is race/income level. Don't think they don't have stats on that as well. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying they probably have stats for it.

One of the advantages of being my age now (I'm 53 - yikes that's old!) is that the rates really doesn't change because of vehicle type. I carry a $1 million umbrella policy and the difference between a 2011 Z and my wife's 2007 MDX was $65 every six months.

That's with State Farm in Houston.
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote