View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #33 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Given that all cars have the same dash (auto or manual) then the light is there, it is just a matter of whether or not the ECU turns it on.
I agree that it sounds like a software issue.

At the moment I'm trending toward an aftermarket light (if available) because they are easily adjustable and can be located where it best suits my needs. Unfortunately I'm not sure that I've found any yet that will work on our car.

I can understand that the MT6 guys don't seem to understand why we want this stuff. After all, the AT7 is a bit of an odd beast; ultra short first and second gears, paddle shifters, full manual control of up shifts, near full control of downshifts, an early-lock up torque converter plus full automatic operation that holds the tranny in a lower gear during hard cornering, you kind of need to spend some time with the AT7 to get an understanding of exactly what it has to offer. When shopping for my Z I only drove the AT7 so I could buy an MT6 with a clear conscience. I ended up with the AT7 even though it cost more. My last two personal cars were both MT6's, a hardcore SLP equipped 99 Camaro SS and an 04 GTO. I was surprised as anyone when I went for the AT7 in my Z.
Guard Dad is offline   Reply With Quote