View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #395 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa View Post
Finally got around to installing these as well as new panel filters. Whole process took about 45 mins including removal of the strut bar.

They have been on the car for about a week now and there is noticeable increase in throttle response between 3k-5k rpm as well as a slightly louder intake volume/noise. The car does seem more eager to pull across most of the rpm range as well.

Just to make sure I wasn't suffering from a placebo effect and not making things up I switched cars for an afternoon with a fellow forum member (SolidKatfish) and the only difference between our cars are the intake and filters. Granted, the butt dyno is not accurate enough to measure tangible gains, it does feel slightly better. He also noted better throttle response and better pull across the rev range. We both also agreed his car felt more flat in the mid range so either we're both going crazy or there is a somewhat small but noticeable difference once the tubes+filter combo are installed.

pics:

I have no doubt that you have gotten some gains with your set-up. So far however it's been proven that the G3's are the only intakes to make a big power difference 15-20 whp.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote