View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
mr_sk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Z Sport MT
mr_sk is on a distinguished road

@Arnold K: Word, checking out the website now. & thanks! Yeah, I'm stoked.
So, you most of the NY/LI guys use Performance Motorsports ehh? Ok, cool. Do you recommend them over Vinny Tens? Do you happen to have experience with both shops? I'm just looking for no-bs guys that'll steer me clear of bad decisions (and/or help educate me) as I modify the car.

For example, when I got my Audi, before I did any real research my mechanic pushed an APR tune on it, not raving, but strongly suggesting that's the next (after CB) bang for my buck mod.

So, I did it, but after a few months of hanging out on audizine I realize that JHM is the leader on the B6 and in fact their tune is the best tune, hands down, plenty of 1/4m times to back it up. JHM's tune far surpasses APR, GIAC, etc.

Well, my tech should have known that info, he's been tuning audis' for years and really, he just didn't know that much outside of the fixing/mechanic stuff.

Anyways, at the end of the day it's my own fault for pulling the trigger on the APR w/out more research.

I will not make rash decisions w/the Z and perform due diligence before buying anything....ok, so back to the oil cooler.

Quote:
They carry 19R, 25R, and 34R coolers. I went for the 19R personally for $600 (includes oil + filter change). When weather is 70F and less, oil temps do not go above 190-200F. When weather is in the 90s, it does not go above 220F. Remember, anything after 220F and the car begins to retard timing. 280 is limp mode.
Ok that sounds good. >= 220F retards timing, **** that's good to know. Damn, why the hell is this car having a problem like that..ugh, nevermind, sure they have 100 threads 'bout it. Anyways, I do plan on tracking, not serious, but maybe some autox and 1/8 runs. That's the only reason I picked the larger offering from Stillen.

Quote:
Congrats again, always a pleasure to see someone who's not full of hot air follow through on a purchase.
heh thanks man, and yeah, weather holding I'll def be out to the meet on Wed. I'ma try and drag my girl along too.
mr_sk is offline   Reply With Quote