View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
track370
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370 Blk MT Sprt
track370 is on a distinguished road

thanks a lot chris Slicks... yeh I was just thinking about the fact that you can only put a front sway on and how thats only going to make things worse for non-transient situations, so my solution was going to be to just put some more tire on in the front and maybe bump the offset out a bit to counter it and still be able to get some sway in there to stiffen things up (the stock suspension could definitely use it just from the few runs I did thus far). Didn't know exactly how that combination plays out and just signed on to post the question... Its a good thing that you brought up that you're not allowed to play with offsets or wheel sizes in order to stay in the stock class because that answers all those options.

Are you saying the A6, R6, or V710s (i assume they are all DOT slicks) in stock sizes (to keep you in C stock) don't have as much inherent understeer on the overall balance of the car with stock bars? Depending on what the behaviour of the car is on these slicks I feel determines what front bar I want to get. But I think anything more than the stillen bar which is like 20-40% increase or something like that (with 3 adjustments) and I'll probably be sacrificing way too much grip at the front for the gains i'll be getting in other places.

Thanks a lot on the tire info, very informative!

Matt
track370 is offline   Reply With Quote