View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by track370 View Post
Definitely plan to run c stock and stay there, no intentions of making mods that get me out of that class (is there a good place to check what exactly is allowed). Being able to tweak the balance some would be great so i'll go with an antisway definitely.

Questions:
1) What would be a max oil temp I should look for and make sure I stay within?
2) Is there a particular track slick you guys are fond of? I doubt tire data on any slicks for our car is available correct? I definitely plan on having this tire just for autocross and the track, so thats all I need it to do.
3) Has anyone publicly released accurate dimensions of the 370z suspension geometry? Would love to put this into my kinematics software and see its camber profiles, ICs, RCs, etc.

Thanks for all the info guys, greatly appreciated!

-Matt
You can only legally run a front sway bar which will unfortunately only increase understeer unless you are running DOT slicks. You are also limited in wheels to stock sizes and offsets which means basically another set of sport wheels unless another manufacturer makes a set with near perfect offset.

1) You wont have any issues provided you stay < 280F. Before I got my oil cooler and moved to SP I had a fast rerun on a long course and hit limp mode towards the 2nd half of the run. In standard conditions on a < 60s course I would never expect you to get above 260F.

2) A6 is the fastest auto-x tire hands down, but they wear fast. 50 runs and your done, and after several heat cycles they start to slow down. If you want to use it as a track tire as well then you can consider an R6 or V710 - takes longer to get up to temp but very nice manners on track. They won't last more than a 4-6 days on a busy race track though, depending on how hard you drive. R6's wear a little better. For track practice and HPDE I use Nitto NT-01's, and then use the V710's for time trial and auto-x.

3) Not as far as I know.