View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold
Default Suspension problem

Ok, recently I put on some bigger tires on the nismo, because the car was out of alignment and ruined the old ones. That being said I took her up to the shop and had the new tires put on, balanced, and the car aligned. During that time I had complete faith in the workers as they all seemed competent and accustomed to working with sports cars. But then as I watched the alignment process I got worried but kept my mouth shut, first I noticed that the 370z alignment specs they were using were for the base and sport models and they quickly told me it didn't matter "********" so I kept my mouth shut again thinking they knew what to do. Now we get into the issue, number one: the steering wheel now has to be turned a quarter of an inch to the left to make the car go in a straight line. Number two: the suspension feels loose as ****!! Normally a car will roll but this is different, it actually waves back and forth on a horizontal axis, not vertical. The best way I can describe it is to picture a dog wagging it's tail, now picture that on both ends. And it feels "floaty" and very loose, it's almost uncontrollable at anything over 80mph now because it waves around so much. WHAT THE **** DID THEY DO? does anyone here actually know anything about adjusting a suspension??? What do I do? I'm going to take it back and see if they can fix it "or get money back if they can't". Can I take it to Nissan ? Will they actually know how to fix it? Most dealerships only know how to sell there cars. It's fully adjustable, can someone give me a crash course on how to do it? Or at least a vague idea so I'm less of an idiot next time I turn my car over to a bunch of lemmings? I'm kinda freaking out, WHAT DO I DO???!!!!
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote