View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
I would have said "hay please dont lean on my car" Your not being a d**k but your also letting them know your mad. People dont realize how easy you can scratch a car, especially if its dirty or dusty. I have just recently explained to my GF how you can mess a car up and she no longer leans on any of my cars.
I agree with this approach, especially if it is someone who you might run into later at work, the neighborhood, etc. You can be sure none of those people own a nice car, or take care of their car, and trying to educate them will fail. If they want to think you are overly neurotic about your car, no harm done.

I had a colleague lean into the p-side window with her purse in front of her. I yelled at her to get her effing purse off my door. It was a knee jerk reaction. I apologized immediately, but really bad about being overly harsh.

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote