View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
wickedness
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z sport
wickedness is on a distinguished road

Jack up the car on the front. On the passengers side of the tranny right beside the catalytic converter is a plug. This trans casing is the same used in all 7 speeds. What does evrey other 7 speed vehicle come equipped with?.. a dipstick! Theres a #10 bolt used to hold down a plug with an o ring gasket where the dipstick should be. Just remove this and get an small diameter hose about a meter long , attach it to a funnel and fill from engine compartment. I havent had any luck with warranties so i drained the stock fluid and put in mobil 1 full synthetic at fluid. I noticed right away the shifts were snappy. Also when in D on the highway, put your foot to the floor and it responds like click click boom! Redline right now. Im my opinion the stock tranny fluid is way too thick, its like mollases. I have had this fluid in my car for 3 months now and beat the living crap out of it on the street and the track. At the track last year it would slip badly in 4-5 shift when hot. This year topped up with mobil no slip and the 2-3 shift slams my helmet into the seat! Not advising you guys change fluid but thats just my experience.
wickedness is offline   Reply With Quote