View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Well, I'm not saying I told you so, but if we could bet money on this and it would make any difference, I'd bet I was right all along, that your order never actually got placed. I'd bet that you didn't get bumped, the dealer never actually ordered it because they have yet to get an allocation. I'd bet your dealer said "sure, we can order one for you," knowing at some point they would get an allocation. They took your money so you wouldn't go elsewhere. Since they haven't gotten one yet, now they are lying to you about being bumped. Very typical of a dealership practices. Of course this is just me betting, but I'm pretty certain it's a safe bet.

Are all your relations with your dealer verbal, or do you actually have an official Nissan computer generated order form thing, with code#'s etc etc.? Not a dealer order form all filled out, but a Nissan computer print out. If you have that, then I'd probably lose my bet. If you don't, and the dealer can't provide it to you, then I win. Trust me.

What I can tell you for sure is with 100% certainty is that no dealer in the Dayton Cincinnati Columbus area of Ohio has gotten an order allocation for June, July or August. None. I have checked with every major dealer, and some small ones. Knowing that the recent cars they have gotten in the past 2 months were ordered in February & March, I'd make a strong guess that they also weren't able to order a car in April or May either. Now I know this is just this area, but again, I'd be willing to bet that it's all dealers everywhere. I think the tsunami hit in March, and the 370Z production has STILL not yet recovered. This is a low volume low profit margin car for Nissan, so it's getting last priority. All the talk about jumping to 2012 models makes me think they just stopped making Z's altogether while they put all their resources into other cars.

I wish we had an inside man on this forum from Japan that could tell us the dirt. That way we wouldn't have to speculate.

Hate to say "i told you so" but for one, as per another thread where the OP responded,they never took any deposit from him to begin with and add to that....i ordered my Z from the same dealer and just got a call from them today saying that it got delivered today. Yes i will admit alot of dealers will do the whole take your deposit and hold it hostage thing, but Fontana Nissan is not one of them as i never had to put down a deposit on mine either when i ordered it back at the beginning of May.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote