View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

OK.... question here to the 7AT guys from a 6MT guy...

instead of worrying about having to up-shift manually and timing with the delay etc.... why not just let the auto trans upshift itself? they dont actually shift any faster in "manual" mode anyway do they? Will someone manually shifting the 370z 7AT actually run down the 1/4 any quicker than the guy just in plain auto mode? i would figure not, and probably slower because hes not going to be able to time it as well.

i mean really, what are you trying to do? no offense, i mean i can understand downshifting the auto manually while coming into a turn or something... but when trying to full throttle accelerate.. what advantage is there to shifting it yourself?