View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #76 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post
the power lifter is a bad analogy...

lets look at it this way...

you have a N/A car it makes 300hp then you add ram air system... now it makes 315hp on the same tune... the car uses the same amount of fuel on both applications one just makes more power. Acceleration is now faster meaning getting up to desired speed takes less time so your burn duration is shorter. You are able to use less throttle to maintain that speed even if it is just a small amount...

I am just writing down what the car is getting for mileage... I have driven Hi HP cars for a while now and understand you dont need to flaunt it 24/7 when driving! I find that I can still get great gas mileage with them. Others dont always get similar results because they floor it all the time. SC'ers will get worse mileage than a TT because your always in boost...
I guess its possible as long as you're not in boost while cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post
its hard to gauge how much fuel is left cause the gauge drops like a rock and at that point I am babying it like crazy to make a gas station. I am at 3k rpm when I am cruising I will take a snap shot of the boost controller next time I am cruising.

Mike
see above. I'm not sure how the g28rs (Which i think is the turbo they use on the GTM TT kits) behaves on the 3.7 L motor, when it hits boost etc. But as long as you are in vacuum while cruising, and don't have increased displacement, then it could stand to reason that with the additional bolt ons the car as as part of the TT kit it could be more efficient. But i imagine that would be more in the realm of a few mpg more. not double.

you dont have to take a picture. i'm sure someone can chime in here whether or not you're in boost while cruising with the TT kits on this car.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote