View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #264 (permalink)
jeffreyfranz
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z PG M6
jeffreyfranz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownR426 View Post
im on the sports package 19's.
received my hankook ventus evo v12's
I got 255/35/19 and 295/30/19
In my opinion you can go more aggressive but will lose steering response.
Mine feels just about right.
When I was looking at my z today I realized you can go 275/35/19 fronts and 305/30/19 rears. and it will sit just right. Not even flush.
I am not dropped, nor do I plan on dropping since I dd my Z and my area is terrible for dropped cars.
I just bought a the evo V12s for my Z as well, but with 275-35 (stock spec for Sport). I wanted 255-35 like you, but the Tire Rack agent seemed in a hurry to sell me the evos. I was also thinking of getting Sumitomo HTRZ-III and putting 275-40-19 on the rear. He said the tolerances on our car were so tight that the tire would probably scrape (from "35" to "40" will scrape?). I ended up just going ahead with the purchase, because after two days of looking, a trip coming up next week, and worn-out rears, I needed rubber. But I then found that I could have bought the evos for the same or less at my nearby Big Brand Tire store by using the rebates listed on their website, and I would have been supporting local business. So, my Rx: Plan ahead, be well rested, and take a polite but assertive attitude into shopping for any tire or wheel and any size. The RPF-1 issue(s) is/are an example. There have been many opinions posted on what will fit and what will not, with different posters offering different opinions. I didn't mean to jack your post/question, but in general I was offering the opinion: Politely question advice unless you know it to be accurate, take your time, and do not but impulsively, especially when going to modified set-ups.

Good luck,
Jeffrey