View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #553 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Well they came in today and I installed them. Pretty straight forward for the most part. Great build quality and their packing was terrific. I just took the car for a 15 mile drive and I couldn't be happier. They sound deep and quiet. Almost as quiet as stock cats but you still get the little popping when you ease off the throttle. WOT there is no rasp and it's sooooo smooth. I love them.

However, I am worried about the drivers side where the ART meets the catback. I had to use some force to get them to match up. The passengers side went great but I did that side first. Looking under the car you can see how the drivers side exhaust hangs like 1/4-1/2" lower than the passengers side. I don't believe this is a problem with the ART pipe because they seem to appear even and straight. Probably just me when I was tightening up the exhaust near the rear axle I suppose I could have tweaked it a bit.

Overall, I am stoked. I can definitely feel the power difference between the GTM resonated test pipes and the Motordyne ART pipes. Can't wait to get my car on the dyno on the 12th.

Last edited by Footloose301; 08-04-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Footloose301 is offline   Reply With Quote