View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
Looking great! You need to teach me your jedi tricks so I can take care of my Z. I don't think the previous owner took particularly good care of mine, I can see a good amount of swirling.
What's up Brennan... thanks man!

Yeah if you have swirls from previous owner, only a good buffing session with a DA or rotary will get that out. You can do it by hand, but that would take you forever, and your arm would fall off

Once you get the paint completely perfect and swirl-free, you must KEEP it that way. How? Proper washing and drying techniques... and careful use of MF Towels if detail spraying. Lesson is, the less you touch your paint, the better off it is. If you DO have to touch, make sure the material you are using to touch the paint is soft, clean, and free of any contaminants. Wipe in one direction only! Downward for vertical panels, and away from the car on horizontal panels.

Read this thread of mine from autogeek for some more pointers. Do your swirls look like my "before" shots???

2009 Odyssey, spring detail - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote