View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
I don't get grinding from 1st to 2nd, just the bucking/jerking/general roughness that others have talked about and seems to be a common thing on this car. I bought it certified pre-owned and had the 100 point inspection so I doubt it's a tranny problem.

Yes I agree I shouldn't rely on SRM but I personally like driving with it and it's a feature I paid for so I have no problem using it.
yah, a touch of throttle and gently engaging the clutch will net you a smooth transition into 2nd. especially when your a/c is on the flywheel will loose momentum quickly so you need to help it just a touch to not loose the momentum when you engage. think of tossing up an egg into the air and catching it on its way down while you match the downward speed with your arms and hands. otherwise the egg will crack in your hands.

my SRM is on all the time too. my G doesn't have SRM so heel&toe is all done manually.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote