View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
mr_sk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Z Sport MT
mr_sk is on a distinguished road

@ ANMVQ: Word man. Sounds pretty good price/power wise. I've seen the uprev mentioned, not sure what it is, will have to do some searching. Model wise, I'm going for sport if/when I pull the trigger. Thanks man.

@FL 4Motion: Yeah, I don't do a ton of winter driving, and I'm sure with good tires and 100lbs of sand in the hatch, I'll be OK. The Z isn't my daily driver, NYC public transit is, heh. Golf R would be cool, but I really dig the styling and community behind the Z. Not to mention I've found both a cool dealer (Advantage) and tuner (Vinnys) ... though I've not bought the car OR had work done, just spoke to them.

Quote:
I hate to even bring up another car, but I just don't want to see another thread where someone is selling their Z 1-3 months after purchase cause it's bad in the winter or is only a 2 seater...
Of course. I do appreciate the feedback. Just trying to make the decision, thinking about the times we're I've had > 2 people in my car, or lots of gear. Trying to decide if a few minor sacrifices on size and such will bother me in the long run.

@ MuSH:
Quote:
Tires are more important than your drivetrain in winter driving. Get some dedicated winter tires and you'll be fine. You will have to worry more about clearance in the deep stuff more than you will traction.
. Coo- you probably right. I'll have to do some research and see what the best results people have been getting in the Z for snow tires.
mr_sk is offline   Reply With Quote