View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
definitionxmk
Track Member

Drives: Stage 2 SC 370Z
definitionxmk will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to definitionxmk Send a message via Yahoo to definitionxmk Send a message via Skype™ to definitionxmk
Thumbs up How-To put on TE37 SL stickers

Just because I’m horrible with everything and anything dealing with stickers, putting on the sl stickers on expensive new volks was a huge challenge for me. So here is what I did and hopefully it will help anyone who is in the same position that I am.

First thing’s first…. get your new wheels. see mine isn’t opened yet!

Let's open them!

Looks ******* plain and boring

Here’s what we’ll be sticking on

Get your supplies. Scissors & some tape. The screw driver and 14mm is for the valve stem. We don’t need to worry about that.

Cut the excess white portion of the sl sticker so it’s easier to work with.

Place onto the wheel how you want it. Looks about right…

Tape the narrow end onto the wheel like so:

Line up the edge of the other end of the sticker with the half circle to the edge of the bore. Get as close as possible. If your tape end is too short or too long, just reposition it.

Now flip the sticker tape end up

Now cut approx a half inch off the slippery paper so that the transfer paper with the decal is visible. Like so…

Now lay it down with the slippery paper on it and see if you need to make any more final adjustments.

Once you feel confident. Lay it down. No turning back.

Lay some card down. Are you a fan of anna’s?

Peel the transfer paper off.

So legit.

CREDITS: http://www.project-definition.com/br...p=738#more-738 - My brother, Brian's blog. Thanks again!

Just in time for me to pickup the first GTM Stage 2 Supercharger 370z Coupe tomorrow =)

Again, BIG THANKS TO RAVSPEC (Mark) for the wheels!!!! I WILL NEVER GO TO ANOTHER VENDOR FOR MY WHEELS!

Cheers!

FALKEN . AMUSE . STANCE . INVIDIA . MINES . TOMMY KAIRA . BRIDE . VOLK RACING . GTM
Featured in DSPORT issue #137 - Follow me on Instagram: @definitionxmk

Last edited by definitionxmk; 08-03-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Adding Brother into credits
definitionxmk is offline   Reply With Quote