View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
butdamnbrian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: the ladies wild
butdamnbrian will become famous soon enough

okay, i'll give it a shot..

so bluetooth echo is not really a sensitivity issue; it's a time delay issue where the caller ends up hearing his own voice echoed back to him from the car's speakers. turning down speakers or moving the mic further from the speakers may help to a certain extent because it will cut down on the mic's pickup of the speaker.

a real fix has more to do with minimizing delay between the caller's speaking and the car's playback. too much delay ruins the bluetooth unit's echo cancellation.. bluetooth modules and nicer speaker phones use an algorithm that cancels out incoming mic noise based on what it knows should be playing out of the speakers. too much delay throws off the cancellation and echo comes back. so i'm guessing there's added delay somewhere during your call (maybe caused by your handset?) that's resulting in echo. i wish i had a solution for you to go along with my guess.

just out of curiosity, maybe you can try fading to only rear speakers when you're on your bluetooth. see if that cuts down on the echo?

people with active processors get a lot of bluetooth echo due to the delay introduced by the processor.

Last edited by butdamnbrian; 08-03-2011 at 08:49 PM.
butdamnbrian is offline   Reply With Quote