View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_sk View Post
@Z_ealot: Word, makes sense ... and I wasn't really driving the car that hard so I didn't experience the continued high rpm acceleration.

I'm doing research now into trunk space and snow driving. It seems the trunk is not as small as it seemed at the dealer - people have been able to fit a decent amount of stuff in it.

I'm seeing threads about not really using the Z for snow driving ... without a proper setup: Anybody planning on driving your Z in winter?

Not sure if this is the best car for me.... = [
I would really like more space and winter capabilities.

Def the Z is small on the inside (5' 10", 290lbs here but i fit), but the hatch can hold a decent amount of stuff. As far as winter driving, can't comment first hand, but there are some crazy canuks out there that slap winter tires on them and drive the Z year round. Personally, I like having the Z and our other car, nissan Xterra, give the best of both worlds. If you are really into doing outdoorsy stuff, mountain biking, surfing, snow boarding etc, then honestly, the Z as a sole car doesn't make the most sense. Still hope you pick one up tho, there a great car. Maybe you could get a fwd beater to go with it at some point so your hauling/snow issue would be resolved.

The new Golf R (r32 replacement) comes out soon, it's awd and 260hp turbo, not a sports car, but sporty and practical and around 30-35K. I hate to even bring up another car, but I just don't want to see another thread where someone is selling their Z 1-3 months after purchase cause it's bad in the winter or is only a 2 seater...
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote