View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Looks cool. But what you guys should realize is that there is an Aux A/V input for the system that will allow you to hook up a CarPC as well... You may think that's redundant, but you gotta realize that you don't need but a lot of stuff for the car PC later... Like GPS, Radio/Sat receiver, no serious wiring or amps needed, no need to cut/mod the center console, and everything looks stock!

The simplicity in itself should be worth it... Then you can use the CarPC for things like more music capacity, internet (if you have the WWAN card or you use your phone), games, etc... If your CarPC goes down, you can just pull it out and fix it at your leisure instead of rushing so you have a radio in your car, and there's not a lot of wires and crap laying around loose. Another FANTASTIC reason is that you don't have rewire everything! You use the stock wiring, stock speakers, etc, and it will sound good with WAY less hassle.

I'm a computer geek too, but I love the idea that my stock stuff will fully suite my needs. The A/V input will assure me that if I do decide to upgrade with a carputer, it will be WAY easier.