View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Considering that the Stillen Kit does not come with the 928 Impeller or a T-Trim it's comparing apples to oranges.

I was specifically addressing the comment regarding the base Vortech blower in the Stillen kit being bigger than the base C38-91 Rotrex blower in our Stage 2 kit.

In fact, my comparison of the Vortech T-trim we did in this thread: GT Motorsports: 500rwhp/455rwtq Vortech T-Trim, FCon VPro, GTM Built Engine - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM Forums is apples to oranges as well. The main point of me mentioning that particular build was to illustrate that the Vortech simply cannot handle spinning that high for very long. Remember, that car ended up going through 3 blower failures.

As far as the 928 impeller being better, that is an additional cost to the base Stillen kit and causes you to lose the warranty that Stillen offers. Even with the 928 impeller, the graphs speak for themselves:

GTM Stage 2 Supercharger Kit

Here's your graph from your thread.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I really commend you for pushing the envelope with the Stillen setup. Since you are the only person with the 928 impeller on a 370Z, I have couple questions.

1) Do you think it was worth going this route? Would you recommend it to other guys with the Stillen kit?

2) Are you maxed out with your setup or do you think there's more in it? The reason I ask, is I don't know what your impeller speed is at redline. How much more can you spin that blower?
Mike@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote