View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
You guys say it's cheap to repair as if that isn't a good thing. That's precisely part of why I suggested it, if the OP wants a track toy. And you can't have fun in a Miata. It's a Front-Engine, RWD car. It is built to handle, not the best, but for maximum enjoyment. People get so wrapped up in performance numbers that they can often overlook the simple joy of a well-balanced sports car. Go drive any of the nimble roadsters of 60's-70's Europe and you'd understand. It isn't always about speed alone. Sometimes it's about sensation.

Of course they're not as fun as a Z, but a Z costs over 25k. Miatas are incredibly fun, though, and if I ever get into tracking, I'll probably be doing it in a Spec Miata because of cost.
see man when you start to assume things about what i think of a car thats where the BS lies.

for e.g

Miata's are fun. but their not great fun. You really gotta build em up for them to get to the level of fun as some other cars.

For example, my versa is fun. its light and nimble. turn that wheel it rotates. but its **** for power. Still fun, and the reason why i got it over the other small cars in the segment.

But when the OP says what to get for 25k, there is alot out there better than the miata. because sometimes its not all about the sensation or the handling. (opposite of what you said)

Otherwise why stop there. OP should get a bike instead. The sensation and the handling are great. Or a kit car.. better handling than miata's and more power etc..

And also, if you havnt properly driven a g8 gt then maybe you should before you become a hater. Not the same classification as a miata that you love, but by god the fun you have in that car is just incredible. The roar of a v8 and the feel of the torque is a sensation, that shouldnt be discounted. again, its not always about the handling. Balance = key and not talking about weight distribution balance. Balance in terms of overall points of the car. Miata = small, handles well. thats it. and again, its uggggllly.

A better option than the miata would be an S2k.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote