View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #102 (permalink)
houkouonchi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 GT-R '10 M6 370z
houkouonchi has a spectacular aura abouthoukouonchi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Isamu thanks for posting. But I have noticed that the downtime starts at 2 am and takes about 3 hours to complete. During this 3 hour time, forum is on and off (some section works while some sections get DB errors. Also some features work and some features doesn't). But after 3 hours when it's fully backed up, the site works perfectly. So judging by your time stamp, it looks like you got the DB error during those time (1:00 am to 4:00ish for you. CST.). Hope it makes sense. I am gonna update the downtime thread soon with new info.

thanks
AK, is there a reason why you don't convert the mysql tables to innodb (assuming they are myisam) and do mysqldump with --single-transaction to prevent the tables from being locked so you don't have the site go down during the mysqldump?

I work for a web-hosting company and our central database is over 100GB. Its not really feasible to have downtime during backup so most of our stuff is innodb. Another option is to have two mysqld's (would use more disk I/O if you don't have another server to run it on) and do mysql replication and then just run the dump on the slave.
houkouonchi is offline   Reply With Quote