View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #62 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not knocking the Z at all. I think the Z looks better than camero and stang. But the stang doesn't have that much weight over Z and it does have more power. And i get it that it's not about the power and what not, but nissan is not in the business of selling the Z to only a select few people (The GTR is only for a few select people).

But you have to figure especially in these times that i can get a stang or camero for as much or maybe less but have more power. You figure a lot of people might look at that way. Especially with some of the improvements ford has made with the stangs.

My thing is if the Z lovers want to keep and getting new Z's and stay around for a few more years nissan needs to do something or we may not see the Z very much longer. All i am saying give it something and not some little here and there year after year. Oh a new paint color scheme, oh heated mirrors, oh a new radio system, oh an i pod dock or something like that. Plus the Z is more expensive. Didn't they have these type of problems with the older Z's, supras, mitsu 3k and rx7 that they were to expensive did eventually died out because of this? Or least that was one of the issues.

I don't know all i'm saying is stangs and cameros seems to keep improving or doing something to give it an extra umph to their cars while nissan's executives are just sitting around with their thumbs up in their asses.

I'm sure they might give the Z some sort of an update in 2013 but by that time stangs or cameros will be one or 2 steps ahead.
I know you shouldn't compare the z and the stang and cameros but i'm sure a lot of people might cause they aren't really other affordable sports cars that are out there. Well you have that hyundai i forget the name of it.

Who knows what nissan is going to give the Z in 2013. Maybe a hybrid and that's it. That would really suck for the Z.

In my personal opionion it's either give it a major update like really soon (next year) or good bye Z.

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539

Last edited by tvfreakazoid; 08-01-2011 at 10:06 PM.
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote