Thread: Hood Vents?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Looks great. Water on the engine isn't a big deal. If you look at the Lotus Exige, there is only a mesh screen cover the engine...it's completely exposed to the elements. I'd love to do this to mine but I don't have the cojones to cut my hood.
when i was cutting it and the die grinder touched the hood for the first time i was like wtf am i doing when it went through the hood i thought to myself im screwed no turning back from here..... the fact i did it in a parking lot with customers coming to my shop about 8 people called me an insane idiot for ruining my car....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieconfetti View Post
i wonder how much this project would be if you had a body shop do it.
i dont think it should cost to much.... the only reason why i had to cut my own hood was no body shop on my island wanted to cut it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoxp800 View Post
Wow. I would love to see more photos of this.
let me see what i have in my photobucket... majority of all my photos from start to finish for my z was in my old computer which went to hell when it crashed

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote