View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Killer View Post
How did you paint that and with what?
A can of matte black spray paint.

Taped off a ton of newspaper around the grille area, and front sides of the car as well (for overspray), it took a long time to tape it right in the nooks and crannies of the fang area.

I used a paint with a very mild rough finish. It also has 2 coats of clear sprayed over the black. I was concerned that wax would be an issue on the finish but it's just smooth enough that there is no buildup at all. I like the more aggressive look - it brings the focus right to the grille as it should.

I think Triple's and Endgame did their fangs in a nice smooth matte. Someone a while back did a DIY on this procedure but I forget who it was